This podcast focuses on the business side of the craft beer industry. Andy "The Beerman" Coppock interviews those who contribute to this 20 billion dollar industry. Hear stories from Brewers, Founders, Writers and Innovators! Podcast brought to you by the folks at TapHunter - tools to help manage and market an ever changing beverage program. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: Andy "The Beerman" - @AndyTheBeerman, TapHunter - @TapHunter
Doug Constantiner, Co-Founder of Societe Brewing Company, joins us to talk about how Societe started, the status of American craft beer, their unique beer styles and categories, and much more!
- Where were the seeds of Societe planted?
- How did you and Travis become such good friends?
- When did you make the decision to go out on your own?
- How did the site selection play out?
- Why was this location so important?
- What are your production numbers?
- Why have you decided to grow the way you have?
- Why is fit so important?
- Why was having a Dissolved Oxygen meter so important?
- You are very structured in who you sell your beer to. Why is that?
- Why have you gone with a non-commissioned sales team?
- Where did the Societe name come from?
- How are beer and metal music alike?
- What’s behind the decision to not bottle your IPA’s?
- What’s your 5 year plan?
- Does slow and steady win the race?
- What is the number 1 goal of Societe?
- Let’s talk about the barrel program…
- Why did you wait so long to release your bottles?
- What are the beer categories about?
- What does Stygian mean?
- Why ‘feral’ instead of ‘sour’?
- Is funky the greatest flavor ever?
- Who are the funk meisters you look up to?
- What is the Holy Grail of beer?
- Why is American Craft Beer the greatest?
- How is American Craft influencing the world beer movement?
- What about trends like New England IPA?
- Why do you have to know the rules before you break them?
- Why is knowing your yeast so important?
- Is yeast like a musical instrument?
- Who are your brewing heroes? Is it possible to narrow it down?
- What beer is nearest and dearest to your heart?
- What would be your desert island brewery and why?
- Favorite Metal band right now?
Ed Sealover, Beer Blogger & Author, joins us to talk about the Denver beer scene, Colorado liquor laws, his new book, and much more!
Jennifer Glanville, Boston Brewery Manager of Boston Beer Company, joins us to talk about how what it's like brewing at the Boston Brewery, how the Boston beer scene is changing, the Brewing the American Dream Program, and much more!
Anna Nadasdy, Director of Sales & Marketing for Great Divide Brewing Company, joins us to talk about the new Great Divide campus, their distribution, their growth plan, and much more!
Andy Kline, Communications Manager of Alaskan Brewing Co., joins us to talk about the challenges their isolation presents, how their isolation has spurred innovation, where they're headed, and much more!
Jill Davidson, Western Regional Sales Manager of Pizza Port and President of the San Diego Brewers Guild, joins us to talk about the state of San Diego craft beer, the San Diego Brewers Guild, San Diego Beer Week and the Guild Fest, and much more!
Chris Farmand, Owner of Small Batch Standard, joins us to talk about helping small breweries financially plan and grow, how breweries can optimize their limited resources, issues startup breweries face, and much more!
Hollie Stephenson, Highland Brewing Company Brewmaster and Director of Brewing Operations, joins us to talk about being one of the few female brewmasters in the industry, the Pink Boots Society, Highland's community involvement, and much more!
Michael Oxton, Night Shift Brewing Co-Founder, joins us to talk about how he started Night Shift Brewing, the New England beer scene, the rising popularity of the New England IPA, and much more!
Chris Black, Falling Rock Tap House Owner, joins us to talk about how he started Falling Rock, their upcoming presence at the GABF, the Colorado beer scene, and much more!
Hal Mooney, LA Beer Hop Founder & Beer Guide, joins us to talk about how he started LA Beer Hop, their beer tours, LA beer trends, and much more!