In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy "The Beerman" Coppock, we are joined by Matthew Brynildson, brewmaster of one of the most respected breweries in the world, Firestone Walker. Matt talks about the award winning brewery's history and future, his inspiration to get into craft, how the Duvel/Firestone partnership is different from the recent acquisitions and more! Considering Firestone Walker has won Mid Sized Brewery of the Year 4 times, multiple GABF medals yearly, and World Beer Cup Champion Brewery 4 times, this podcast is a must listen!
- How long have you been with Firestone Walker?
- Background prior to that?
- Who were your influences in brewing?
- What was your inspiration to get into craft beer? Was it a particular beer?
- Favorite beer to brew?
- Guilty pleasure beer?
- What makes the Duvel/Firestone partnership different than all the recent sales, mergers and acquisitions?
- How do you see the term 'craft' changing over the next few years?
- How did the Barrelworks project come about?
- Where do you see the craft beer movement going?
- How do you see technology and social media's influence on the Craft Beer Movement?