Andy Kline, Communications Manager of Alaskan Brewing Co., joins us to talk about the challenges their isolation presents, how their isolation has spurred innovation, where they're headed, and much more!
- How did you wind up in Alaska?
- What was the beer that changed things for you?
- How does the current industry say about legacy beers like Alaskan Amber?
- Traditional styles are making a comeback. What’s the reason for that?
- Why does Alaskan brew the styles it brews?
- Do style guidelines matter anymore?
- What has changed over the last 30 years?
- How does a brewery like Alaskan stay relevant?
- What challenges do you face being so far away from the mainland?
- How has your isolation spurred innovation?
- What new techniques has Alaskan had to employ?
- Your founder, Geoff Larsen, has an engineering background. How has that influenced innovation?
- What is the next big thing in craft going to be?
- How do local ingredients influence new beers?
- What new markets are you exploring?
- What does smart growth mean to you?
- Does big beer influence how you do business?
- What’s the future hold for Alaskan Brewing?
FB: @AlaskanBrewingCo Twitter: @alaskanbrewing