Kris Ketcham, Brewer of Witty Moron - Winner of a Gold Medal in the Other Belgian-Style category at GABF 2014
In another special episode of The Business of Beer, host Andy "The Beerman" Coppock interviews Kris Ketcham, winner of a Gold Medal at this year's Great American Beer Festival for his entry in the Other Belgian-Style category. The duo discuss the winning beer titled Witty Moron, Kris' history with Stone Brewing, and inspiration for other beers coming out of the "Test Kitchen" at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station.
- Gold Medal winning brewer Kris Ketcham
- Truck driver turned brewmaster
- Arrogant Bastard tattoo and brand loyalty
- Favorite beer styles
- Inspiration behind Witty Moron
- The name Witty Moron
- Stone's "Test Kitchen"
- Small batch beers becoming national beers
- Other beers of Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
- Genesis of a tribute beer for fallen brewer Matt Courtright
- How a brewer never stops learning
Selected Links from Episode 10:
- Kris Ketcham
- Witty Moron
- Great American Beer Festival (GABF)
- Beer Styles at GABF
- GABF Winners 2014 Category 78
- Arrogant Bastard Ale
- Witbier | BeerAdvocate
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
Who would you like to hear from next? Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes. This will help us rank higher so we can keep producing great episodes!